Monday, August 27, 2012

Party Looks For The Party Girl

Look 1

I wanted to do two looks that are great for nights out partying with friends. For the first look, I found a red, swingy dress from Urban Outfitters and combined it with a beautiful Moroccan belt from Macy's to give the othewise shapeless dress more of a silhouette. The best part of the belt is that it does not too small to go unnoticed, nor so bulky that it steals attention away from the entire outfit. Of course, no party outfit is complete without heels, so I opted for a strappy black and silver pump from DSW.com. For jewelry and accessories, I chose gold and rhinestoned items and incorporated a long gem necklace. All the jewelry came from Forever 21 and the clutch came from DSW.











Look 2

In the second look, I wanted to create a playful outfit complete with dark wash skinny jeans as well as a bold pump. With the DKNY Dark Rinse Jeans and the Leopard print Paris Hilton Tyra Pumps, I think I completed just that. I found the Susana Monoco halter top on ShopBop.com and I loved the construction of it and the turquoise color. People might be put off by the ruffle at the top, but I think it's flattering to most shapes and not too over done. I paired this outfit once again with gold accessories and chose a regular pendant necklace rather than one with a long chain. This way, the necklace attracts attention to the gorgeous halter top. For party looks, you can guess that I prefer gold over silver. It's my own preference, but it really is up to you to decide which metal to use for your look. And please, do not mix metals.
.





 




Last week was pretty hectic with moving in to my new dorm but everything is settled and in order. Thanks again for your patience! I think now that classes have started again, I'll be posting more on a bi-weekly basis. Anyway, don't forget to follow me on twitter and please let me know what you thought about today's post.

~ Renee Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment