Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Fashion I Loved and Hated from the Emmy Awards

The Emmy Awards were on last Sunday, celebrating the best in television. I didn't watch them but I did watch the E channel's preshow fashion interviews. There were some seriously beautiful dresses on that red carpet as well as some incredible fashion missteps.

Padma Lakshmi of Top Chef was stunning in her Monique Lhuillier tangerine gown. This was one of my favorite dresses of the night.

Ariel Winter from Modern Family looked feminine and sweet in her Katharine Kidd gown sequined ensemble. I really appreciated this look. It's very age appropriate and gives her room to be bold with the back.

This gray J. Mendel gown, worn by Revenge star Emily Vancamp is so stunning. Pictures of the gown from the runway are circulating and I think it's just an amazing gown for the Emmy's.

Mad Men star January Jones was a stunner in this black Zac Posen dress. This entire look seemed effortless to me, to be quite honest. It was a very elegant choice. 

I love Julie Bowen from Modern Family and I adore  her in this canary yellow Monique Lhuillier dress. Many people have said that they didn't like her hair but I disagree. It's a flirty choice for the prestigious Emmy's.

Even though she was only reporting the Emmy's, I had to mention Lara Spencer in her purple Badgely Mischka. I loved her one shoulder gown but I am not stuck on the shoes.

Now for the looks that I despised.

I hated this Dolce & Gabbana dress that Elizabeth Moss wore. The entire look screams old to me. The shoes bring no life to the outfit and the print of the dress is old and boring.

The hair sucks and the dress is tacky. Its a sparkly number chosen by Connie Britton and the belt at the waist is so unnecessary. Honestly, I don't know what Connie Britton's age is but she looks like a much older woman who is trying to look young.

Her face says it all.

There is just a lot of stuff to look at when it comes to Zosia Mamet's Bihbu Mahopatra gown. I did not like it along with many others. It's unflattering and it makes her look more mature which is not a goal any young actress should be aspiring to.

A lot of people thought Sofia Vergara looked great in this green Zuhair Murad but I disagree. It is too much for the Emmy Awards. Although, you cannot see it in this picture, there is more skin showing in the back. I mean, we get it, Sofia Vergara has an amazing body but this dress is an exaggeration that was unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment