Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 3 of Fashion Week

I have to say, after watching the Lacoste, the Mara Hoffman, and the Herve Leger by Max Azria Fashion Shows, I think I can say that Spring will be defined by an assortment of geometric prints along with florals and solid, bright colors.

The Mara Hoffman Spring 2013 Collection certainly had an assortment of that. Instantly, you can tell her collection is not so much for spring but for the tropical dry season and as a fan of her design, I have to say that the collection was very well done. The clothes were light and airy and infused with the rich tribal print that we first saw in her swimwear fashion show as well as colors that tickled the eye of wanna be world travelers. The video of her fashion show can be seen here.

Now, if you've read my previous on Day 1 about the BCBG Max Azria collection, you'll know that I disliked the collection completely. With that said, I actually liked the Herve Leger by Max Azria collection. I hated the first show because of the geometric, leather cutouts used along with the hodgepodge of materials just slapped together in very unstructured way. The Herve Leger collection on the other hand, was very tailored and the cutouts that I had hated actually became flattering when they were not done in leather. The use of leather in the BCBG looks is still something that I am still confused about and although it was used again the Herve Leger collection, it was used mostly as a belt. The fashion show can be seen here. I think you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

The Lacoste Spring 2013 Fashion Show consisted of very sporty looks for both men and women. I think my favorite part of the show was when I realized that one of the prints used in the collection was actually the repeated image of a man's folded white shirt, similar to how it would look in a department store on the shelf. I had to laugh at the subtle humor. The Lacoste collection certainly did a great job with their clothes. There are some items that I can see myself and others buying and I believe that is really what is most important. The Lacoste Collection can be seen here.

~Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment